Jade completed a Bachelor’s degree in Zoology and Ecology at the University of New England in 2015 and a Master of Environmental Management and Sustainability (Natural Systems Management) at the University of Newcastle in 2017.
Jade joined Abzeco in 2021 working in the bushcrew and gaining onground management experience, in 2021 she moved into the role of ecological consultant and bushfire management consultant. Jade has experience in flora and fauna surveys, endangered species monitoring, weed identification and management, restoration ecology and environmental management.
Prior to this Jade worked worked as an environmental consultant in land contamination from 2019-2020 gaining experience in ground water, surface water and sediment sampling, soil sampling, and use of software including Esdat, gINT, P-log and ArcGis collector. Jade is an experienced project manager with excellent client communication skills.
- Preparation of multiple Bushfire Management Plans across north eastern urban and peri urban areas
- Update of the Hobsons Bay biodiversity strategy
- Targeted surveys for a threatened EPBC orchid for the proposed Mt Zero Resort in the Grampians region
- Targeted surveys for threatened fauna including Golden Sun Moth and Lathams Snipe species in Craigieburn for Fulton Hogan
- Targeted surveys for threatened fauna including Sloane’s Froglet frogs at Winton for SLR consulting
- Fauna salvage and translocation in various locations in peri urban and regional areas
- Post fire monitoring of deer impacts in Gippsland for Parks Victoria