Matt completed a Bachelor of Applied Science (Ecology and Sustainability) with Honours at Victoria University in 2004 and a Doctor of Philosophy at Victoria University in 2008.
Matt has worked in public and private sector roles in the environmental field for approximately 20 years, including both academic and consultancy roles. Matt is a highly experienced field botanist, with an ever-expanding understanding of the ecology of south-eastern Australia, as well as the application of environmental legislation, policy and planning. Matt has a keen interest in both terrestrial and aquatic ecology, and a fascination with botanical clonality and cooperative ecology largely derived from completion of Doctorate studies on Wetland Ecology in 2009. In recent years, Matt has specialised in environmental assessment and management over a broad range of ecological projects and a wide base of clients, including: Index of Wetland Condition, State-wide Vegetation Condition Assessments, Biodiversity Monitoring, Threatened Species Surveys, Biodiversity Assessment Reports, as well as Offset, Conservation, Weed, Revegetation, Land and Bushfire Management Plans.
- Manningham City Council Biosites Review
- Parks Victoria – Annuello Flora and Fauna Reserve Biomonitoring
- Victorian School Building Authority
- Parks Victoria – Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing Project
- City of Whittlesea Matted Flax-lily Salvage and Translocation
- Hancock Victoria Plantations – Pheasant Creek Conservation Reserve, Shelley, Habitat Link Biomonitoring
- Alex Wilkie Nature Reserve Management Plan
- Inland Rail Project for the Australian Rail Track Corporation