Abzeco has extensive experience undertaking large and small projects involving vegetation and fauna habitat monitoring and mapping throughout Victoria for nearly two decades and can provide you with the highest quality data and mapping to meet your needs.
We routinely undertake mapping of EVCs, threatened plants and weeds and fauna habitats as part of the biodiversity assessments we do for clients for native vegetation clearing permit applications for various developments.
As part of the establishment of Victorian native vegetation offset sites and federal environmental offset sites, Abzeco regularly maps Ecological Vegetation Classes (EVCs), threatened plant species, fauna habitat, landscape features and threats.
We also undertake annual monitoring of offset sites over ten years to assess the effectiveness of management actions in achieving management goals for a number of clients. (See further information under ‘Our Services’ under ‘Offsets’).
Abzeco have also undertaken a variety of natural values and threats mapping and monitoring projects some examples include:
- Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing Preliminary Environmental Values Assessment, Alpine National Park.
- Eastern Bristlebird habitat monitoring in Croajingolong National Park.
- Native riparian vegetation monitoring in the Shelley in north east Victoria.
- Long term landscape scale weed monitoring in the Victorian Central Highland.
- Ecological Vegetation Class (EVC) Mapping and biodiversity monitoring of remnant native vegetation over a number of years across an area of approximately 200,000 ha for a private plantation company.
- Post fire vegetation assessment, endangered plant monitoring and weed mapping of impacted by the February 2009 fires which included areas of Kinglake National Park, Yarra Ranges National Park, Melbourne Water catchments, the Stanley Range and Strzelecki Ranges.
Abzeco has a skilled team that can undertake weed identification and mapping in urban, peri-urban and remote areas using the latest spatial equipment and software for data accuracy and accessibility. Our staff are also trained and experienced in using various methods to undertake weed control and monitoring, simultaneously offering cost-saving opportunities.