Louise completed a Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Management) at Deakin University in 1996 and an Honours (Botany) at the University of Melbourne University in 2000.
Louise joined Abzeco in 2020. She has worked in the public environmental sector in the area of fire management and pest plants/animals prior to 2010. Between 2010 and 2020 she worked as a botanical consultant for a long running private flora and fauna consultancy. During her career, Louise had developed extensive skills and experience in undertaking flora assessments including habitat hectare assessments, native vegetation removal assessments, vegetation mapping, weed assessment and mapping, targeted flora and fauna surveys, and biodiversity assessments in environments ranging from coastal communities to the alps and in between. Louise is very experienced in undertaking remote field work. She is familiar with the application of federal and state planning legislation and policies. Louise is also experienced in vegetation monitoring program design and implementation, data analysis and reporting. Louise has written numerous management plans including federal environmental offset plans, Victorian native vegetation offset plans for the establishment of native vegetation credit sites, weed management plans and biodiversity management plans. Louise has undertaken both small and large scale projects for public sector and private clients. She is a very experienced project manager having managed a variety of projects for public and private clients in both the environment industry and other industries.
- Multiple Victorian native vegetation offset site registrations most recently in Gembrook, Strathewen, Driffield and Woodstock
- Federal environmental offset management plan for a property in Woodstock
- Preparation of a Deer Control Kit for the Upper Ovens Valley Landcare Group website
- Biodiversity assessment, offset site due diligence and targeted orchid surveys for the proposed Mt Zero Resort in the Grampians area
- Preliminary environmental assessment of Parks Victoria’s proposed Falls to Hotham alpine crossing
- Preparation of a biodiversity investment strategy for the management of native vegetation across multiple properties for a private client